04 Jan Active Inclusion Program
We are currently presenting Year 3 of our new Community Training and Performance Program (CTPP) sub program, Active Inclusion Program (AIP).
AIP residencies use contemporary dance and targeted discussions to disrupt discrimination, intolerance, hate, & racism as a method for increasing awareness about Canada’s cultural diversity and issues affecting underserved populations from fully participating in society.
AIP is presented both digitally (via ZOOM & TEAMS) and physically, so that we can maintain our COVID-era advances in environmental sustainability.
- Digital programming culminates with our exceedingly successful collaborative final video performance showcasing all students.
- Physical programming culminates with a live performance with all students and SQx artists dancing together.
Technical Requirements for Digital Presentation
- We prefer at least two video/camera devices available for programming. Details are discussed with each venue
- Educators are asked to take short videos of participants at specific points in the program, so a camera phone or tablet is also required. Footage is collected in the development of the final video performance
Languages: English & French
- We provide temporary SQx tattoos for all participants
- Tattoos are mailed to venues once the program is completed
Evaluation Questionnaire & Apple AirPods
- A short survey follows the end of the program
- All participants who complete the survey are entered into a draw to win 1 of 5 Apple AirPods
- Draw is June 30th, 2023