22 Apr Project Manager & Arts & Recreation Leaders
We are recruiting for 3 youth to assist in the delivery of our new program, Active Inclusion Program (AIP). These positions are supported in part of Canada Summer Jobs.
- 1 x Project Manager (non-technical): $25.00 / hour x 35 hours / week x 8 weeks
- 2 x Arts & Recreation Leader: $16.50 / hour x 35 hours / week x 8 weeks
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
- All candidates must be between 15 – 30 years old
- Dance experience is an asset, but not required
- Preference is given to the following underrepresented youth populations
- Indigenous youth
- Special needs or disability youth (including those with mental health issues)
- Low-income youth
- Youth from remote and rural areas
- Women in STEM
- Minority languages
- Visible minorities and racialized youth
- Newcomers and refugees
- Youth who have not been previously employed
It is critical that our staff represent and reflect the audiences that we serve. Hiring from underrepresented populations is critical to the identity of the organization, and it is how we work towards continuously improving our organization and programming to ensure that our work considers the experiences of diverse participants.
Requirement: Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector)
What We’re Looking For
- Youth who have the excellent ability to shift weight, learn choreography quickly, and perform dances with dynamic snd spatial precision
- Extraordinary role models who are can teach and perform our choreology syllabus to youth-at-risk between ages 5 – 18 years old
- An advanced level of physical activity and coordination
Brief Job Description
- Candidates will work with existing staff to deliver AIP youth-at-risk in BC online.
- AIP is an interactive performance program that uses dance to disrupt discrimination, intolerance, racism, & hate in vulnerable youth populations.
- Considering health and safety guidances, successful candidates will work remotely.
Contact us to submit cover letter, CV, and photo as soon as possible. Interviews will be scheduled promptly upon receipt of application.