10 May 10 Youth Presenters for AIP – Year 2
We are recruiting for 10 youth presenters to design, deliver, & evaluate Year 2 of our new socially conscious dance program, Active Inclusion Program (AIP).
Job Title: Youth Presenter
Start Date: Monday, August 30, 2021
- Candidates must be under 30 years old
- Dance experience is an asset, but not required
- Preference is given to the following underrepresented youth populations:
- Indigenous communities
- Special needs or disability (including those with mental health issues)
- Remote/rural areas
- Official language minorities
- Visible minorities
- Newcomers and refugees
Brief Job Description
- $15.50 / hour x 35 hours / week x 25 weeks
- Candidates will work together to deliver AIP to youth-at-risk in BC, AB, SK, MB, YK, & NT —including creating both performances and workshops.
- AIP is an interactive performance program that uses dance to disrupt discrimination, intolerance, racism, & hate in youth-at-risk as a method for increasing attachment to Canada and increasing awareness about:
- Canada’s cultural diversity
- Issues affecting underrepresented populations in fully participating in society
Requirement: Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector)
Place: Considering health and safety guidances, successful candidates will work remotely.
To Apply: Contact us with cover letter, CV, 3 professional references, and photo by Friday, June 4, 2021.