25 Nov iPortunus Mobility with Fundación Uxío Novoneyra
“i-Portunus is a short-term pilot project, selected and funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union, to trial a mobility scheme for artists and culture professionals. […] It is managed by a consortium headed by the Goethe-Institut with Institut français, Izolyatsia and Nida Art Colony of Vilnius Academy of Arts. The pilot scheme i-Portunus is the first initiative by the European Commission in organising mobility for artists and culture professionals” (i-Portunus).
Carmen Moreira in cooperation with Município de Vila do Porto and SQx was selected in the third i-Portunus call to work with Uxio Novoneyra Foundation (FUN) as Carmen’s mentor in a professional development project on the international dissemination of the Anti-Bullying Movement Project with the intent of securing Erasmus+ KA2 and Creative Europe Funding. Because Carmen has never written proposals to these funds, Uxío Novoneyra Rei will guide her through the process of developing submissions for this cooperative project.
FUN is the most internationalized cultural foundation of Galicia region in Spain. FUN specializes in internationalization projects with special experience in European programmes linked to art and culture.
Our plan, with Uxío’s guidance, is to be strategic with funding opportunities by dividing the Anti-Bulling Movement Project into two parts
- Anti-Bullying Movement Workshop Program = Erasmus+ KA2
- Anti-Bullying Movement Performance Series = Creative Europe
These are the other partners collaborating with us:
- Netzwerk Kultur & Heimat, Germany
- Association Kulturanova, Serbia
- Alkasaabah Institution for Culture and Arts – Zagora, Morocco
- CIRCE – Experimental Platform for Dance and Theatre, Georgia
- Dorożkarnia, Poland
In addition to development of the submissions for with Uxío in A Coruña, Carmen will also also be teaching masterclass in Lugo at Círculo das Artes and collaborating Kirenia Martínez Acosta and Branca Novoneyra.
Most importantly, Carmen, SQx, Município de Vila do Porto, and FUN would like to humbly and profusely thank Sara Machado (Centro de Informação Europa Criativa, Responsável Subprograma CULTURA) and Rui Gato (Parcerias Estratégicas (AC 2) Educação de Adultos e Ensino Superior | Strategic Partnerships KA2, Adult Education and Higher Education) for answering all of our questions in the lead-up to submitting our candidatures–even on weekends, holidays, and late at night.
About Fundación Uxío Novoneyra (FUN)
FUN is a Spanish non-profit private foundation focused to initiatives that mix education and culture, tourism, with ICT and sustainable rural development.
FUN is located on Courel chain of hills, a Natura 2000 mountains zone on the Lugo Province (NUTS112), in Galicia Region, at the northwest of Spain, on the last itinerary of the Way of Saint Jacques.
Their headquarters and work space is the House living-museum of poet Uxío Novoneyra, an ancient house refurbished to be a cultural hub and cultural-touristic uses.
- Orotecting and promoting the artistic and inherited legacy of our writer
- Promoting and developing Galician region in the fields of culture and cultural tourism
- Fostering education through audience development policies linked to all kinds of Art, Cultural management, ICT, Environment or Rural development
- Internationaling our CCI sector at international level and collaborating with other institutions in same way
- Empowering research and study activities
- Promoting the environment through sustainable rural development, linked to their territory
- Training cultural agents and entities on current capacities to sustain the Cultural and Creative sector.
- Developing cross-sectorial projects linking Creative and Cultural sector with others in order to the socioeconomic development of our territory.
- Providing the child, young people and specially mountains inhabitants of a literary center with one avant-garde cultural agenda as well as offering to tourists a complementary option to the main natural tourism.
FUN’s Key Activities
- Developing a programme of cultural activities all year on Courel hills and Galician cities
- House-museum opened all year since 2015 with 5.000 visitors/year
- “Festival dos Eidos”: International cultural festival with Dance section since 2014. Shortlisted as Best Non-Music festival by Iberian festival awards.
- Publishing “Valumbo” books (English, French, Spanish and Galician languages)
- Managing ithcrowdfunding.org: crowdfunding platform to fund literary projects internationally
- FUN is a founder of Litfest–a European network gathering literary festivals based in isolated communities across Europe. The network was created in 2013 with the support of the European Commission through the Eramus+ Programme (K2 – Strategic Partnerships). This Erasmus project was recognized by the French Ministry of Culture as a “best practice” and therefore the partnership was invited to prepare its 2nd edition for another 3-years period (2017-2020). They are executing the second Erasmus+, entitled “Litfest 2.0: ACQUI”, approved for the call of proposals last March (2017) with an enlarged partnership: original members plus the festival of West Cork (Ireland) and Festival da Madeira (Portugal).
FUN’s staff mixes a patron’s board with territorial administrations; cultural, educative and environmental entities at regional level with first figures on the fields of literature, culture and arts and a technical staff with 2 – 4 technicians on European projects, cultural management, and tourism during the year and volunteers with the same profile.
Out the museum functions, FUN works advising administrations and entities about innovation and internationalization on cultural industries, specially on funding and online marketing.