Educator Only Seminar
This option is available only for the Interactive Dance Awareness Program — Shared Educator & Student Focus and includes
- 4 – 5 hours over 1 or 2 days
Educator Only Seminars can be programmed either shortly before or after the Interactive Dance Awareness Program as we adjust interaction and lectures depending on which happens first.
- SQx and your school or community coordinate a performance day at the local theatre to watch a SQx performance.
- While we have encouraged “co-oping” between venues to split interactive programming fees, because of casting, performance options cannot be co-oped.
- Fees for promoters are higher.
- Some schools have FREE access to community theatres. If free access is not available, school assumes full costs of theatre rental fees. Rental fees can be split between schools and communities.
- You must arrange for your own busing.
- Performance does not include a full lighting design.
- 1 h – 90 Minutes—including 2 x 5 minute intervals
- SQx coordinates a multi-school or community performance of all or a portion of your participants with other schools & communities in your region.
- Performance is based on the Interactive Dance Awareness Program collaborative performance, so participants do not need extra rehearsals.
- We have a number of interested venues that would like a performance of 100 – 500+ participants.
Performance Value Package
- Both Performance Options: Theatre Performance + Community Collaboration
Please ensure that you are registering for these programs only if you have selected them on your registration pack.
Fees do not reflect the true cost of the program. We do an enormous amount of fundraising internally to deliver this program as cheaply as possible to the public & private schools and community centres. For the most part, nominal fees above are often provided by school Parent Advisory Councils (PACs) or school boards. Again, the balance is generated from government grants, foundations, and corporate sponsorships.