18 May Job Opportunities: Project Manager and Arts & Recreation Leader
In partnership with Employment and Social Development Canada, we are recruiting for 2 dance jobs to assist in the development and delivery of a new program, Active Inclusion Program (AIP):
- Project Manager – Non-Technical: $19.00 / hours x 35 hours / week x 6 Weeks
- Arts & Recreation Leader: $15.00 / hours x 35 hours / week x 10 Weeks
Start Date: Sunday, August 30, 2020
- All candidates must be between 15 – 30 years old
- Dance experience is an asset, but not required
- Preference is given to the following underrepresented youth populations
- Indigenous youth
- Special needs or disability youth (including those with mental health issues)
- Low-income youth
- Youth from remote and rural areas
- Women in STEM
- Minority languages
- Visible minorities and racialized youth
- Newcomers and refugees
- Youth who have not been previously employed
Brief Job Description
- Candidates will work together to create additional movement material for a new syllabus.
- Candidates will deliver the AIP to underrepresented youth.
- Candidates will contribute to group discussions and inspire student participation and collaborative problem solving during the deliver of program syllabus.
- Candidates must be extraordinary role models.
- Candidates must have a moderate to professional level of physical activity and coordination (dance and / or sport) and capacity (dependant on position).
Health & Safety Considerations
COVID is a developing crisis and information is changing day-by-day. Therefore, we are taking similar precautions as we adapt our programming. Considering health and safety recommendations, should in-person program development and delivery be impossible, we will shift away from in-person activities to the use of digital tools for both jobs–including working from home. If online learning continues in the fall (either partially or wholly), our programming will also be offered remotely.
- Rehearsals will take place in-person in South Slocan and Rossland, BC and remotely.
- Deliveries will take place in-person in the Slocan Valley and South Okanagan, BC and remotely.
- Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector)
- Candidates must provide their own inside and outside runners, practice clothes, and water bottles.
Benefits: Accommodation, food (vegetarian), and local transportation will be provided for out-of-town candidates.
To Apply: Contact us to submit cover letter, resume, and photo
Application Deadline: Tuesday, June 30, 2020