12 Oct Audition Notice: Deadline Extended
We are recruiting to hire 3 entry level dancers for our Award Winning Interactive Dance Awareness Program (2018 Season).
- Dancers must be available for the entire contract: Mid-April – June 22 & Mid-August to December, 21, 2018.
- We provide all internal accommodation, travel, and food, but dancers must provide their own transportation for rehearsal process to Big Red Cats at Red Mountain Resort at the beginning of the Spring and Fall sessions. What’s more, dancers must provide their own transportation at the end of each session.
- Wage = $405 / week (Insured Employment)
- Tour area = BC, AB, SK, MB, NWT, YK—we are Canada’s most booked school tours program.
Audition Date: Friday, December 8, 2017
Mandatory Registration: 2 PM – 3 PM
Audition Time: 3PM – 5PM
Place: Studio A, Canadian Contemporary Dance Theatre, 509 Parliament St, Toronto, ON M4X 1P3
Audition is by Invitation Only
Application Deadline Extended: Thursday, November 30, 2017 – 12 Noon Pacific Time
To Apply: Contact us to submit CV & photo
What We’re Looking For
- Recent graduates / graduating students who have the excellent ability to shift weight between upper and lower body, learn choreography quickly, and perform dances with dynamic and spatial precision—2 (very athletic 20 minute) Performances / Day. Dancers must be kind-hearted role models who are also expected to teach our choreology syllabus to youth ages 5-18 (1 hour / day).
- Our team is constantly moving, so dancers are expected to have extraordinary ability to cooperate with others while travelling.
- Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, Refugees, or those legally entitled to work in Canada without requiring a LMIA.
- Priority will be given to artists that attended ballet school or who have had rigorous ballet training.
Please bring runners, comfortable pants, copy of your CV, and pen or pencil to audition.