08 Mar Applications Open: Interactive Dance Awareness Presenters
In collaboration with funding support from the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction, we are looking for 3 people in need of professional development, employment training, work-experience, and / or leadership development.
Training and work experience alternates to provide ongoing professional development but also independence within the work place.
April 16 – May 11
July 4 – July 27
August 13 – August 31
May 14 – June 28
September 4 – December 22
New Eligibility Requirements
- Have had an EI Claim in the last 5 years, OR
- Have earned more than $2,000 in insurable earnings in at least 5 of the last 10 years (the 5 years do not have to be consecutive years)
- Willingness to work within in a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Physically able to take part in daily physical exercise (with modification if special needs / disabled)
- Interest in working with children and youth
- Curiosity about art and culture—Participants do need a background in dance.
- Interest in travel
The intent of this job placement is to nurture, tutor, and inspire professional and personal skill development. Training and work experience will provide the opportunity for both hard and soft-skill development—especially the development of authentic leadership skills for multi-barried populations.
This work experience tours, so participants should have an interest in meeting new cultures. Furthermore, this project will bring together Indigenous and non-Indigenous youth to learn about reconciliation and decolonization.
Those invited to participate will refine and cultivate their existing skill-sets with regarding to
- Coordination of logistics and networking among multiple communities, so SQx Dance can better serve: under represented youth and multi-barriered populations;
- Development of authentic leadership, interpersonal, and collaborative problem skills to successfully encourage participation in art and culture, physical activity, and citizenship under represented populations across BC
- Coordination and instruction of large groups;
- Coordination of multiple program deliveries and syllabuses
- Public speaking
- Use of basic IT skills to ensure participants can communicate with all team members and initiate program registration
Wages are supported by WorkBC ($15.50 / hour x 35 hours / week), and (aside from July 4 – August 27). SQx provides all food, accommodation, transportation, and uniforms.
Applicants must be 19 years or older. To apply please contact us for instructions on submitting resume and cover letter.