24 Oct Arts and Creativity in Education
SQx will presenting “Socially Conscious Artwork Designed to Disrupt Systemic Behaviours” at the 2nd International Arts and Creativity in Education Conference – in April 2020 in Zagreb, Croatia.
The Conference’s aim is to offer heterogeneous content from different fields of artistic creation (dance, music, fine and dramatic arts, literature and new media). We gather a wide international community of artists, scientists, professors, teachers, educators, pedagogues, postgraduate doctorate and specialization students and other academic citizens with a goal to exchange and generate new creative ideas, to present scientific and artistic projects, to exchange knowledge about approaches and innovations in the field of arts and education and to establish cooperation.
The concept of lifelong learning has been present in the society for a long time and for the last few years has developed in the artistic area too, promoting the rights and abilities of individuals to choose and develop their artistic potentials according to their possibilities but not concerning age, talent and capabilities. There are many undeniable, and luckily, publicly recognized benefits of arts: development of young children, better understanding and learning of teaching content in primary, secondary and higher education, enrichment of life experience in middle and older adulthood to third-age learners, and prevention and healing among learners.
The following themes frame the 2020 conference
- Lifelong Learning –conceptual, methodological and practice-based approaches to cultural, historical and philosophical aspects of lifelong learning
- Lifelong learning in contemporary world
- Arts as a medium for creating basis for lifelong learning from kindergarten to post-secondary to community art education
- Lifelong learning trough arts after the formal education
- Art, lifelong learning and research trough arts
Date: April 25 – 26
Venue: The Westin Hotel, Zagreb